Friday, October 3, 2008

Bathroom Remodel




Before

Our bathroom (we don't have a master bath) was not the first room to get gutted, but I thought I would start with it because it is a room that Bryce did all the work on.  We had several surprises during the renovation.  Bryce discovered that the wall the tub is on was double thickness, so taking it down to normal gave us a little extra room, which is nice because the room is long and narrow.  We discovered that there was a cabinet of some sort built into that old, double thick wall where the tub is - we really wonder what was on that wall originally.  We also realized that the door had a glass panel that they had painted over.  We still find it odd that we lived there for over a year not realizing that it was glass - we just thought it was a really odd door.  

I love the trough sink; I really wanted it.   It was quite the pain to install but well worth it.  The children can both be brushing their teeth easily at the same time and Bryce and I can do the same (although he often tries to impinge on my space!).  

Bryce was able to put in a row of shelves where the old chimney used to be behind the wall. That's great for bath toys, towels and pretty things.  

My father in-law built the double medicine cabinet for me, which I love.  I really wanted everything to be two separate parts and that is what they are.  

I LOVE the wallpaper in the bathroom (the frog drew me in).  It is a Kelly Rightsell  toile, and I had it in a bathroom at our last house.  I actually bought the paper before we ever moved because I didn't know if I would be able to find it.  We barely had enough and had to get a little creative.  I decided that I should be able to hang wallpaper so I hung it in the bathroom!  Little did I know that I hung it wrong!!  My friend Leslie was looking at it one day (she generously wallpapered my foyer) and casually asked why we hung it incorrectly*.  Once she pointed it out it was so obvious that it was wrong!  I worried about it for awhile and then decided I had to get over it.  I couldn't repaper even if I wanted to because the pattern was discontinued.

*It really, really bothers Bryce that we did something so ridiculously stupid!

4 comments:

  1. Ok...so what is wrong with the wallpaper? It does not look upside down...
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know how toile scenes are supposed to be offset with each other? I put all the scenes in a straight line. I did wonder as I matched it up why they weren't exactly a match, in fact Bryce and I discussed that. The curtains in the bathroom are the same scene and all I had to do was look at the fabric for a reference! But no.......I just plugged along!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anna,
    I really like what you've done with your bathroom and my wife and I are in the process of re-doing ours... and I really love the trough sink. Where did you get it from? Was it new or used?

    Thanks in advance,
    -joe
    (krazyred@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Anna,
    I also love the trough sink. Where did you get it from?
    Jenn
    (jrbartes@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips