Monday, February 1, 2010

Love Notes



Happy February! This morning I told Grace that after school we would get out the Valentine's decorations and put them up. Unfortunately, that was a bit of a disappointment because when we opened the box I realized/remembered that we really only have about two decorations! This discovery at least spurred them to go upstairs and make some decorations- so maybe in a few days time we will have more to put out!

The one Valentine's "decoration" that we all remembered was the back of the chair mailboxes. I got these a few years ago at Pottery Barn Kids and the children really love them! I've always thought it was a shame that they didn't get used until the 14th so I was thrilled when I came upon this post on Blonde Designs. I love the idea of writing love notes everyday leading up to the 14th. Bryce and I are each going to write one per night to the children telling them something that we love about them and they can read them at breakfast the next morning!

P.S. Isn't my pink storage box cute? I store all our seasonal decorations in bins the color of the holidays. This way when I go to the basement I don't have to hunt or even read labels.

3 comments:

  1. So cute! I like the idea of you writing to the children each day.

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy February!!

    Did you get my email about canceling our trip?

    Jeni

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely way to show love. Grandpa gets a letter, usually in homemade card form, from me for every special occasion. He prefers the personal touch and I like telling him in my own words the ways I appreciate him and our lives together.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips