Thursday, July 20, 2017

The Garden Beds Outlined in Stone



We have been working so hard in the garden and I can hardly believe that I haven't posted about it. I've mentioned before that it was important to me that it be beautiful as well as functional and it has checked off every box for me as it churns out lots of veggies, flowers and is pretty to boot.   We are still working on some of the foundational bones of the garden but as we all know a garden is never really finished.


One of my most questionable decisions regarding the garden are the stone edges we used to outline each of the 24 beds.  I had the idea to use stone from our property and to dig them in.  At first, it seemed like not a huge deal but it sure turned into one.  


Finding the stones got harder and harder and digging the stones in was an exercise in patience and a lot of work for Bryce.  Each bed took well over an hour or two to complete.  It took almost three months to get each and every bed dug in.




It maybe wasn't the best idea but, in the end, they look fantastic and I love that it was all part of the property and speaks to the creeks we have. 




P.S.  I'm trying not to think about the frost/thaw heave that could potentially take place.  

2 comments:

  1. Are there any tools that y'all do not have!? Bryce can do anything!! It is a beautiful garden!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, I think we have them all and not much he can't do! I'm lucky with that! Miss you!

      Delete

 
Blogging tips