Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Back to school dinner

I can hardly believe it but my sweet baby girl starts 2nd grade tomorrow! She's over the moon excited about it and has really enjoyed getting school supplies packed and ready to go. Tonight we had our annual back to school dinner celebration.

I tried a new alphabet soup recipe this year and really liked it. I thought it was tastier being a bit thicker and more substantial.

To compliment the soup we had breadsticks in the shape of letters. I used Pillsbury breadstick dough and just fashioned it into the shape I wanted. It worked brilliantly!

Dessert! It's funny because as I was decorating the cake I realized that the school doesn't even use chalkboards- they are all dry erase!

We took a page out of NieNie's book and decided on a theme for our school year. I really want the children to understand that it is important to do your best no matter what. I want to emphasize that best does not mean perfect or even that it will always be "right." I just ask that they work hard and do their best at whatever it is that they are doing. Is that too much to ask?

1 comment:

  1. We will be thinking of you on your first day back to school!! Have fun and learn all you can, explore new things and ideas. You will do great!!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips