Monday, March 9, 2009

Desk Nook- renovation continued



When we did the kitchen renovation one of my must haves was a desk area or a "command central" station.  There wasn't really a logical place for it in the kitchen so we squeezed it in between the foyer and the kitchen.  Our architect really wanted to put a small coat closet therebut I stuck to my guns and couldn't be happier with the result (after all we do have a mudroom)!  

We each have a cubby, and I have a place to store cookbooks, recipes and phone books.  Orginally, I wanted open shelving, but the cabinet came in wrong and we decided to stick with it.  I'm so glad we did because it's not exactly neat looking!

A few months ago, I was taking the children to the dentist and saw this antique piano stool in the window.  I went in and looked at it but it was too expensive for me.  However, several weeks went by and I was still thinking about it so I went back to the store to look again.  The price had dropped significantly so I swooped it up!  It swivels so the height can be adjusted for me or the children.  I love it when I accidentally find something!

1 comment:

  1. This nook looks like a great place to work or not...!

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips