Monday, August 25, 2008

Vacation - Days 5 and 6

Today we headed to the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo. I was thrilled to get up close and personal with the giraffes! Visitors are allowed to feed them special giraffe biscuits and they would come right up to you and eat them out of your hand! They are such beautiful creatures - I wish I had their eyelashes. We saw many animals but the highlights were the hippo (huge!) and the mountain lions (I'm not sure I will ever go camping again). Oh, and the moose and the porcupine and the bears, oh my!

After the zoo we stopped by a waterfall in South Cheyenne Canyon and it started raining - no matter, we just pulled out the ponchos.

We headed to Seven Falls after church.

We walked up something like 285 steps to the top! I might should exercise a bit more (or any at all!) because my heart was pumping hard by the time we got to the top. I'm going to blame the altitude, not my lack of fitness......

Family photo at the top of the canyon.

Bryce and I went on a date last night. We chose a restaurant that had "Colorado Cuisine" for an authentic dining experience (as most of you know, we LOVE food). We had a lovely time and sat on the outside patio until a huge rain and lightening storm blew in over the mountains. I even had some hail drop on me! Made for a romantic dinner though.

Our appetizer included bison, ostrich, wild game quesadilla and pistachio pesto ravioli. It was delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips