Monday, November 23, 2009

Cake painting


I have a new favorite thing. Words do not adequately explain how much I love this painting. Bryce surprised me this weekend with a painting by Carey Haynes. But it's not just any painting.. it's the first cake Bryce and I ever made together. It was for Grace's first birthday and to this day it's one of my favorite cakes we've ever made. It was just so pretty, feminine and simple. I love how Carey incorporated the bow and the texture in the painting is just wonderful.

I know that I have explained this before but I think that it bears repeating. Bryce and I have a long standing tradition (7 years to be exact!) of staying up late the night before our children's birthday parties and making their birthday cake together. I do all the baking and making and Bryce does most of the decorating. To me the cake is what a birthday is all about (you know, besides celebrating the child's birth!), and I really love the time that is spent coming up with the type of cake we will serve and then watching a lovely cake take form under the influence of decorating tips, icing bags and even candy. To date we have made 12 cakes together!

And now I have a beautiful painting to remind me of our cake making tradition. I think the painting is stunning! Thank you Bryce for giving me something so lovely and meaningful. May we make cakes together for many more years!

4 comments:

  1. Wow...I know you well enough to know that this is one special gift! I remember you picking out this cake and us discussing how it would turn out. I love that you and Bryce do all the cakes together. Your kids are so lucky for all the love that goes into each one.

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guys..
    a found a great place to find nice products at cheap rate at [url=http://50off.reviewazone.com/]50 % off[/url]
    Have Fun

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone..
    a found a great place to find nice products at wholesale rate at [url=http://50off.reviewazone.com/]coupons[/url]
    Have Fun

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice post. I would love to follow you on twitter. By the way, did you learn that some chinese hacker had hacked twitter yesterday again.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips