Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Back to School Celebration


I can hardly believe that it's already September, and I really can't believe that it's already time for the children to head back to school.  Tomorrow is the children's first day back in school, and we celebrated tonight with our annual "back to school celebration."

Harris loved helping put the alphabet vase together and running around the house in search of letters to spell our names for the place settings!  The zinnias are from the children's garden.  



 We had our usual alphabet soup and letter breadsticks for our meal.  For dessert I made chalkboard cupcakes that turned out adorable and could not have been any easier!



At the end of the evening we gave the children their school cones.  Of course, they were delighted with them!


I can't believe that we have a first grader and a fourth grader!  How is this possible?  


4 comments:

  1. You are the most precious family I have ever seen! Seriously!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how wonderful you made their back to school celebration...everything you do is precious! My kids are still waiting for me to do something...I better get my act together or we will be having a half way through school! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done! Why are these kids getting so BIG?!?! I can't wait to see what was in their cones!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Precious memories! So much fun, love and creativity!!!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips