Monday, February 23, 2009

State Books

Bryce and I have an "empty nest" list. The items on the list are things that we want to do with the children before they leave the house and we are empty nesters! One of the things on the list is to visit every state! Now I can't imagine what is going to get us to Idaho but time will tell.

Have you seen this series of books? I found them years ago when we were on a trip to Florida. They are really great because they are written in simple prose form so it's easy for younger children to understand but they also have a lot of in-depth information in the sidebars. Before we go on a trip I always buy the book for the state we are visiting and then write in the inside of the book about our trip. So far we have 12 books...only 38 more to go!


1 comment:

  1. I love your Empty Nest list.

    I also love the state books. I always the SC one as gifts to my student teachers who are from out of state.

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips