Monday, December 8, 2008

Merry Mistle Toad Tree



We finished all of our Christmas decorating this past weekend. My two favorite decorations (other than the tree, of course) are new this year.

I've had a white tabletop tree for several years but have never really used it because nothing seems to look right on it. This year as we were unloading our ornaments I was once again amazed at how many frog ornaments we have for our tree. An idea was born and I couldn't be happier with the result. The tree is in our hallway outside of all of our bedrooms, and I love walking up the stairs and seeing the twinkling lights and festive frogs. I thought I'd share some of the frog ornaments.

This was the first ornament Bryce and I got together. My Mom gave them to us and she painted the red lips on the one! Can you see the resemblance?


I like to think that this is my frog alter ego!

My dear friend Patty gave me this ornament when I was taking adult ballet. She's a favorite.

3 comments:

  1. Isn't it fun to add to your decorations! I did some new things this year too.
    Love the frog from Patty!! :)
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! We too have a good many frog ornaments. I saw a lime green table top tree the other day and wondered what i could do with it. I feel inspired...for next year!
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's amazing. I love the white, very elegant. I have a really hard time not buying everything I see with frogs on it. It always reminds me of the Roberts.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips