Sunday, May 2, 2010

An herb garden and spoon markers



I'm thrilled to report that I have planted an herb garden! Last year I had an herb garden window box but this year I decided to dedicate a larger bed for the herbs! I bought all starter plants (instead of trying to grow from seed) and it made everything quick and easy! I can hardly wait for them to start growing (a bunny has already taken the parsley down to the ground!).


As much as I love the herb garden, what I'm really smitten with are the antique spoon garden markers that I made! They were fairly easy and very rewarding to make! Really. This was one of my favorite projects that I've ever done! I think I will do a post on how to make them. Anyone interested? (I think that you can see the spoons better if you click on the pictures.)


10 comments:

  1. Love an herb garden so close to the kitchen. It is such a good feeling to walk right out of the kitchen and pick your herbs.

    Yes...I do want to know how you make these. Especially since I bought one on Etsy to go in an arrangement that I bought my mom for Mother's Day.

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely I want to know how to make them!!! They are too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are toooooo cute!!! I can't wait to learn how to make them!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Posted twice...sorry computer idiot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the spoons! Can't wait to learn how to make them....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful!...I can't believe you did the lettering yourself...do tell!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello I am Mafalda. I'm from Portugal and I teach Geography. But I do love everything related to crafts. You can allways visit my two blogs (htt://planetamafalda.blogspot.com or http://sofiascakes.blogspot.com).
    You make lots of pretty things. Thanks for sharing.

    And the spoons are absolutely gorgeous!! Loved it. Please teach us how to make them :D

    Mafalda

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post and informative. Finding the right abogado is very important when you need to deal with a law situation.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips