Sunday, April 12, 2009

Painted Easter Eggs and a Carrot Menu



Remember our Easter tree?  Last night we had our annual Easter egg painting extravaganza.  It was extra fun this year because Al and Marilyn were here to participate.  

You might not know how hard it can be to paint on a fragile, blown out egg but it involves...

Concentration...

Laughter...

and a blow dryer.

The final results were magnificant.  I can't decide which are my favorites.  I love the Colorado mountains because it is a reminder that Al and Marilyn were here for Easter.   I also love Grace's fairy and Harris' camouflage egg.

In honor of the bunny that comes to visit on Easter night we also had our all carrot meal.  We started doing this a few years ago and we added to the menu this year.  I think we have gotten it just right!  Everything is surprisingly good (not to mention just plain fun). 

All Carrot Menu
Carrot Soup
Carrot burgers with lettuce
Carrot Cheesecake

When I saw this carrot cheesecake in MS Living this month, I knew that I had to make it for our meal.  It was easy to make and really good.  The carrots are fondant!  

P.S. The children left the Easter bunny some nibbles.  We made carrot muffins and Grace thought he would appreciate some carrot juice.  

3 comments:

  1. that cake looks divine! you need to share how to make fondant! or do you just buy it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the mountain one the best too. great job dad!!

    Yes, tell me more about fondant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used boxed fondant for the carrots. It's like working with clay! However, I would like to learn how to make it. My friend Kelly makes beautiful fondant, I'm hoping she will share the recipe.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips