Friday was Arbor day and we celebrated by planting a tree! We picked out a dogwood tree because it reminds us of Atlanta.
Our new tree!
We also read a really neat book about trees, Crinkleroot's guide to Knowing the Trees. Marilyn brought the book to us on her last visit. I believe she got it at a church or yard sale. It seems to be out of print but can be found used and at libraries. Indeed, our "new" copy is an old library copy. It's a great introduction to different trees, vocabulary that is pertinent to trees, and why trees are important to us. Plus, I also like exposing the children to more non-fiction.
I love that you celebrate all holidays! I hope your dogwood does well. Must be hot in NJ...those shirtless workers look sweaty!
ReplyDeleteKelly
That book looks amazing. I will be watching out for a copy of that one. The illustrations look pretty amazing.
ReplyDeleteI was delighted to see the tree book being so used and appreciated.
ReplyDeletePerfect choice of a Dogwood. Great location. It will be lovely.