Thursday, June 29, 2017

England



Yesterday, we got back from a trip to England!  I went over for a week with Gretchen to explore the English countryside and tour gardens (such a luxury!), and Bryce and the children came over for a week to explore London.  I'd never been to England before but I have to say that the countryside completely stole my heart.  To say that I loved everything about it would be an understatement.

With all the devastation that has taken place in and around London, Bryce and I had some serious discussions about moving forward with the trip, but it was, by far, the right decision to continue on with our plans.  We did everything we wanted to and never felt afraid (I will admit that I was uncomfortable riding the underground) and I will cherish the memories we made as a family exploring this wonderful, charming and historic city!

Lots and lots of pictures to follow!

P.S.  The above picture is of Grace's countdown!



1 comment:

  1. So happy to hear you went and didn't let fear stop you! It's hard. We had a similar tough decision about visiting NYC after the nightclub bombing, everyone was on high alert over Thanksgiving. I was so happy in the end we stuck with our plans. (Despite the armed swat teams everywhere) Looking forward to seeing your pictures!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips