Monday, March 15, 2010

Library Wall


Do you remember this post and this post? Well, the project is finally done! You know how I've said that our kitchen and our attic are favorites in our house? This library wall has shot up to the top as well! I just love it. It makes me happy just looking at it. And apparently it makes the children happy as well because it gets used a lot. I wish we had made the wall years ago. Of course when I mentioned this to Bryce he reminded me that years ago this little room was being used as a small storage closet while the rest of the renovations were being done. Thank you to Al and Bryce who did a beautiful job!

Since Al and Bryce made the library wall they were able to leave a notch in the bookcase so that my craft table was able to slide in and stay under the window when not in use.


6 comments:

  1. I love it! I have library wall envy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a wonderful idea!! it looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great...I love how you diplayed the MS Kids magazines too.

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I found your blog via Apartment Therapy, which featured this fantastic library wall. I just wanted to tell you how great it looks, and that I'll be featuring it on my own blog tomorrow (www.bookliciousblog.com) - every Wednesday I feature a neat bookcase, and I think people will love this one. :)

    Evangeline
    www.bookliciousblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your library wall is SUPER GORGEOUS!!!! So thrilled to 'discover" you!! And so pleased to find someone else who is into kid books! You must come visit my daughter and I over at http://www.juliasbookbag.com/ -- I write about Children's Books and we are fun fun fun! (at least that's what I tell myself :) Aloha, Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too love this bookshelf. The covers are often too lovely to hide. And now I'm going on over to www.bookliciousblog.com to see what that's all about.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips