Friday, September 12, 2008

The SafetySack


As we were getting ready to send Harris off to preschool I also had to think about getting his "in case of emergency" packet ready. As most of you know, Harris is allergic to peanuts and tree nuts. Fortunately, his preschool is peanut/nut free which makes it really easy, although I know that will come to an end once he begins grammar school. I'm not going to worry about that until the times come (I'm still really hopeful that he will grow out of it...unlikely I know but one can hope).

A year ago I was struggling with how to carry around the EpiPen, contact list and the Bendadryl. After some research I found the SafetySack. It's a heavy duty, zippered plastic bag (which locks) that fits an EpiPen, Benadryl, and an instruction sheet. The instruction sheet has contact information, emergency action plan, EpiPen directions and a place for a photo.

Now I just throw the pouch in my purse and go. It is also easy to give to caregivers, such as his preschool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips