Monday, June 12, 2017

My Desk and Chair



The library is really starting to come together and I find myself wanting to spend my time in there with friends, with my coffee, with Bryce or just reading a book.


Right when we bought this house, I found a beautiful desk at a local consignment store.  While I'm not always one for cream/gold furniture, I loved this one, especially the beautiful wood top.  We've set it under a window (that needs to be cleaned!) and I love how pretty it looks.  Also, it turns out that the white/gold paint nicely mixes up the furniture as we do have several dark wood pieces.



The old, old french chair is a favorite addition.  I wanted a chair that could be used as a desk chair but also turned around to use as an occasional chair and this one is just perfect.  I did have it reupholstered in a sweet, beautiful fabric that has all the right colors in it.







1 comment:

  1. An occasional chair is a beautiful piece of furniture that is an essential item in every house and one such chair in beautiful hand carving, hand polishing and quality upholstery certainly goes on to enhance the decor of a living space, especially a library or a guest room and also adds to the functionality aspect.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips