Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Narcissus


The previous owner of our home didn't do much planting besides some very basic plants.  I'm not sure that I blame them considering the deer pressure that we have here, but I don't think I can do without some pretty flowers and shrubs around!


Fortunately, Narcissus, or daffodils, are generally left alone by the deer.  Therefore, this past fall I planted about 100 daffodils in a patch in front of what we are using as a workshop.  I thought the combination of stone and flowers would be beautiful and it has not disappointed!




It will surprise no one that my favorite variety so far, Replete, has a pinkish center and ruffles.



Also, I've started a new Instagram account!  It's going to focus more on the growing of Frog's Hollow as we work to flush out what the farm is going to grow into!  I'm excited about the possibilities and thrilled with a few of the ideas we have in the pipeline.  If you are interested, we'd love to have you follow along at the_flowerfrog

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips