Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Fireplace Detail



One of our favorite things about old houses are the details that can be hard to find in today's homes. Thick moldings, stairways that don't meet code, and quirky rooms are all things that I love.  However, every once in a while a detail seems to be missing and I have no problem adding them in.  While I love the double fireplaces in our library, I felt like the mantels were plain and heavy looking.  


We ended up attaching an applique to the front of the mantel.  When it first arrived I was surprised at how big and bulky it was, and I wasn't at all sure about putting it up.  However, after Bryce painted it (did you know you can buy custom spray paint cans?) and attached it, I'm thrilled with how it looks! And, of course, bows and flowers never hurt anyone!



1 comment:

  1. That is just so so you! The bows especially. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips