Monday, January 2, 2017

START

Happy New Year friends!  


2016 was such an amazing year for us personally in that we bought Frog's Hollow and took the trip of a lifetime this summer.  I'm so crazy thankful for both opportunities.

The past couple of months however, I've felt at pretty loose ends.  I've let worries and fears sink in that have made me scared to move forward and questioning decisions already made.  The house is not yet how I want it, nor is it moving at any sort of happy speed, our plan for the farm seems loose at best and we seem to be at an important juncture in our life.  Moving forward out of our comfort zone is scary-I've talked about fear before and how I'm fearful of making big mistakes.  I have big ideas for lots of things but in some cases I have ZERO idea how to get moving, in other cases, I'm worried it's a silly or dumb idea and what on earth would people think, and in yet others, I'm just worried about failing.  But I've decided that the only way to find out if any of those things are true is to actually try.  So my mantra and my motto for this year is START.

I've spent several days, laying out my hopes and dreams for 2017.  I think the only way forward is to simply start by taking one step at a time.  I'm excited to see how far we get.  I'd love to hear any of your dreams for 2017!

6 comments:

  1. I've noticed that you are one of those people that make things happen. Put your mind to it and you accomplish it. It will all happen in due time. Don't stress over things you can't change and welcome the hiccups! 2017 will be great! We are all so blessed. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leah for your words of encouragement! You couldn't be more right about being blessed! Love you and miss you!

      Delete
  2. Anna,I hear you on the fear part..I've experienced more anxiety than ever the past year..I think some if it is normal and I think as woman our hormones go through a lot in our forties and these changes can naturally cause anxiety. Plus raising bigger kids is harder than raising babies! (Especially with all the scary stuff that seems to be going on in our world.) Just go for it! I know I only know you through this blog but I have no doubt you have exciting and thoughtful goals planned! Happy 2017!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kristin for your thoughts. I think your are right about both counts, age and children, only as I've gotten older have I experienced any sort of anxiety! Thanks for your encouragement!

      Delete
  3. Thank you for being so real. I know you can do it, you have such vision and I admire every thing I ever see you do. I cannot wait to see what comes for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Leah for your vote of confidence, it's so appreciated!

      Delete

 
Blogging tips