Monday, January 16, 2017

Rosie



If you have followed along for any amount of time, you know that Harris' dearest wish has been for a dog, and this weekend his wish came true!  Meet Rosie...


I think Rosie was meant to be our dog.  Neither Bryce nor I has ever had a dog before and we were sort of at a lose where to begin looking for one.  I contacted a breeder about getting a puppy but something about it just didn't feel right for us.  So I started praying that a dog would find us.


Last weekend, I woke up thinking that we needed to go to a local feed store as they often have puppies up for adoption.  We stopped by on the way home from my birthday lunch with family and there was one single puppy whose siblings had all already been adopted.  As we stood there she grabbed a blanket off of her gate, made a comfy nest for herself and plopped down to go to sleep. You guys, I think I knew right then that she was the one.  If you know Harris, you know how much he loves to make a blanket nest for himself at night.  


Because we hadn't walked in with any intention of actually getting a dog, we walked out without her, but clearly she had made an impression because as soon as we got home Bryce announced he thought a rescue dog was the way to go for us (she's a rescue from Georgia!).  We soon made plans to pick her up.


She is the sweetest dog and we already love her.  Welcome home Rosie.




3 comments:

  1. She's so cute! Congrats Harris!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! Dogs are such great companions and family members!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how Harris is looking at Rosie and not the camera. Already in love!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips