Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Sibling Gifts 2016



As you know, my very favorite tradition in our family is the annual making of sibling gifts.  This practice started out very simply and has grown over the course of years.  The making has gotten more involved, this year power tools were used, and a lot of thought is put into the right gift.

There is a whole lot that I feel I could do better or differently at Christmas time, but this tradition is one that I'm so proud of the children for.  I always thought that there would come a time, and it still might, that they would ask to stop making gifts and perhaps buy something.  However, every year they start planning, plotting and working and I believe it's instilled pride of workmanship and a love of giving.


Harris made a wooden speaker for Grace's phone.  It's unbelievable how great it amplifies the sound! She loves it and I think it's beautiful in its simplicity.



Anyone who knows Harris knows that he has approximately one million cards.  He plays them, he throws them, he magics them and he tricks them.  We find them in literally the oddest places- inside and out.  Grace thought he could do with some organization and so she made him a box to put his full decks in.  I love the simplicity and the usefulness.



She also gave Harris a copy of the Harry Potter fan fiction she wrote.  She hasn't wanted to share it with us so this was really special and he loved it (it's really good).


3 comments:

  1. I love this so much!!! So very special!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gifts straight from the heart and made with love are the best. Keep the tradition alive :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips