Tuesday, November 8, 2016

George Washington and Election Day




The first thing that Bryce and I bought for Frog's Hollow was this oil painting of George Washington. If you had asked me, ever, if I thought I would have had an oil painting of a past President in my home, I think I would have laughed out loud and called you crazy.  For whatever odd reason, this portrait spoke to us and has some significance to our new home.  I just love him and can't wait to find his spot in the house.  Plus, it cracks me up that he looks barely old enough to vote himself!


I do wonder what our founding fathers would think about the current political situation we are in? Was an election cycle a circus back then too?  Except without the media to make it even crazier?  At any rate, I feel honored and privileged to be able to vote for who I would like to lead our country.  I took the children with me to the voting booth today so that they could see first hand how our part in the play works.  Can you believe that in the very next election cycle Grace will get to add her voice to the mix?  I pray that our country makes the right and good choice!  Happy Election Day friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips