Friday, September 30, 2016

Twin Beds in The Cottage


I've mentioned The Cottage before, but I haven't posted about my favorite thing in the cottage yet. The cottage was renovated back in 2008 for the previous owner's ill husband.  We believe the idea was that he would live in the cottage (it's one story) during his illness.   It's a one bedroom cottage with a kitchen, living room, two bathrooms (they added a rather large bathroom for accessibility) and a closet.


While it's certainly spacious enough for a family to stay in, I needed to find a way to fit in extra sleeping outside of the one bedroom.  My idea was that I wanted room for children to sleep comfortably in the cottage.  When families come visit I wanted everyone to have a bed.  The living room is very spacious and I decided that in addition to it being a living area, it could perform as a guest room too.  Using the idea of a bunk room, but without the bunks, I fit in two twin beds foot to foot.  The denim sofa is also a sleeper!


Perhaps it's because I had been watching season 2 of Downton Abbey with Grace, but I really wanted what I call an "infirmary style" of bed.  I love the clean and simple lines, that they are made of metal, are highly functional, but charming as well.  Oh, and I didn't want to spend much money.  It turns out that it's a lot harder to find that style of bed period- forget about inexpensively! After lots and lots of Google searches, I was getting very frustrated when the perfect bed popped up!  It was a slam dunk because it was what I was looking for in every single way; color, the style and the price.  What I couldn't believe was that it was from Wal-Mart!  These beds are perfect and I love them in the space!


I also got lights for over the beds from Barn Light Electric.  The cottage has an awesome view of the little barn and I wanted to play off of that so I stuck with barn style lights.  My favorite feature is the striped cord.  How fun is that?




6 comments:

  1. Darling!!! Are the beds part of the Novogratz collection? I think I stumbled upon them also in a search and was surprised. I love all of your sweet touches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it might of been, I'll have to check. I love their stuff!

      Delete
  2. This room is really crying out for a double size divan bed to match up with the surroundings. Please buy it from any of the online stores present.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I high appreciate this post. It’s hard to find the good from the bad sometimes, but I think you’ve nailed it! would you mind updating your blog with more information?
    most popular beds

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips