Monday, July 4, 2016

Project: See America



Happy 4th of July everyone!  I've started calling our trip "Project: See America."  As we've traveled this past week and a half, I'm astounded by how vast and beautiful our country is.  I've always wanted to visit more European cities because of their cathedrals, beautiful architecture and romantic connotations but, you guys, this country has jaw dropping landscapes, astounding geographic features and amazing natural wonders.


And what's even more astounding is that we've saved them for future generations with our completely American idea, The National Park System.  Our country was the first to conceive, and carry out, this idea, and I feel so blessed to be able to take advantage of all that they have to offer.  My wish is that this trip helps our children to develop a love and appreciation for our country and helps them to realize how very lucky they are to live here.


P.S.  Really enjoying this book.

2 comments:

  1. Loving the posts and seeing/hearing about your amazing experiences!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen. I agree 100%! I love traveling abroad, but while trying to explore all 50 states with my children, I've come to really appreciate the beauty that we have right here in our own vast backyard... And, while I do love flying every once and awhile, I've acquired such an appreciation of driving around our country. How amazing to see what all surrounds all the big cities and other destinations that we frequently fly to! Hoping to instill that same appreciation in my children! Love following along on your amazing trip!!! Safe travels & happy adventuring!!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips