Monday, May 9, 2016

Lilacs in Jars


My favorite lilacs have had a lackluster year.  They were small and not all the blooms opened before the ones that did open, turned brown on the edges.  This unfortunate turn of events hasn't stopped me from bringing in some to enjoy though!


I've collected a few vintage, purple bottles for the sole purpose of putting lilac stems in them (I'm sure they will get more use for other flowers!).  I love flower stems in single jars and especially love them lined up down a table.  However, these lilacs look great bunched together to look more like a mass of blooms!

P.S. I've already started a list of lilac varieties to plant at the Hollow.  Any suggestions for must haves?  Luckily, they are usually deer resistant!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips