Monday, April 18, 2016

Our Hallway



Our house is officially up on the market!  We have a lot going on in the next three months (everyone does it seems) and I'm having a bit of a hard time controlling anxiety, which is surprising since it's not something I've ever really dealt with.  I"m usually pretty good about rolling with the punches!  In addition to anxiety about all that is going on and that must get done, I've got a lot of emotions about selling this beloved house of ours.  It's been an amazing home for our family and it is the children's only home that they can really in truly remember.


One of the things that I will miss the most is our upstairs hallway.  Our house is a four square and our upstairs fits that description with a room in each corner.  It may be a small hallway, but it is mighty with a total of seven doorways!  What I particularly love about this floor plan is that I every time I walk upstairs I can see what the children are doing.  In order to get to our room I have to walk right by their rooms.  Even if I don't step in their rooms, I see them and can connect in ways that I cherish.  The amount of times that we've had a meeting in the hallway or I've heard footsteps in the middle of the night as they make their way to the bathroom is incalculable, and I will miss that like crazy.


Our new house is a rectangle instead of a square, and I worry that it will take more effort to go to their rooms.  I know that sounds crazy but as the children get older, I'm looking for ways to keep those easy connections.  I"m sure that we will find new ways to connect in a our new home, but for now I"m feeling nostalgic about this one.


2 comments:

  1. I am so excited for your new adventure. I know Frog's Hollow is going to be a home filled with love and wonderful life stories. Do not discredit all you have going on. Your plate is full. Remember just to take it one day and one task at a time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amy for your comment. Your reminder was just what I needed.

      Delete

 
Blogging tips