Monday, April 4, 2016

Mountain Hamburgers


Growing up, I remember a few "go to" recipes that were favorites of all of us ladies in the house (it was just my Mom, my sister and myself), one of those recipes was Mountain Hamburgers.  We got the recipe from Aunt Bevy, who wasn't actually an Aunt but a close family friend, who lived in the North Georgia mountains.  I can only assume that's where these burgers got their name!

This is not what you would call health food, or even close to it, but they are a good and easy dinner. We don't have them too often, but when we do everyone is happy!

Mountain Hamburgers

1 lb. ground beef
salt and pepper to taste
1 large chopped onion
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1 tablespoon vinegar
1/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon mustard

Brown ground beef, onion and salt and pepper.  Add remaining ingredients and cook until done.  Serve on toasted hamburger buns (I put mayo on my bun!).


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips