Our favorite girl is 14 today! We are so very proud of Grace and who she is and who she is becoming. I'm so honored that I get to be a part of her journey. Watching her grow, stretch and reach for things is such a treasure and I thank God for the gift of her. Here's my annual list about Grace...
1. She spends a lot of time in her room. Not sulky, "I don't want to be with anyone time" (usually) but desk time and bed time (she loves to read in her cozy bed).
2. She loves older people. As in, a lot older. Her older gentlemen pianist at ballet? Thinks he's adorable. Her teacher at school? Thinks she's wise and wonderful. Her Grandparents? Thinks they can do no wrong. I should have known this was a thing when she picked Angela Landsbury as her favorite actress all those years ago.
3. She still wants to be an "adventure writer" when she grows up. She loves to travel and going on an adventure makes her so happy.
4. She loves and adores her cats. Coco sleeps with her every single night. She vehemently claims that she does not want us to get a dog, but I suspect she will be a sucker for a puppy.
5. She is such a beautiful ballerina.
6. Still is, and I suspect always will be, a Daddy's girl. No one can even so much as hint at a flaw in her father without her defending him with all of her might. She loves him with all of her being (and he responds exactly as you might expect :).
7. She's a very good baker, we all enjoy her treats!
8. She has a strong moral compass and is still very much a rule follower.
10. She's just good. A good daughter, a good person, a good friend, a good sister....
P.S. She also loves doughnuts, so I made her a small doughnut cake for our family celebration.