Monday, January 4, 2016

Sibling Gifts 2015



 I know that I'm a broken record, but I love our sibling gift tradition.  I love listening to, and helping, the children brainstorm ideas for each other, I love the process of making the gifts, and I love when the children open their gifts.  There is genuine excitement, appreciation and love and I can't get enough.



This year, Harris made a bag to hold Grace's pointe shoes.   Mom helped to oversee the whole process but swears that Harris did most of the actual work.  My favorite thing is the pocket that they added for some sweet smelling lavender; pointe shoes can get pretty smelly!



Grace also sewed her gift for Harris.  She made him a sling for his skateboard that will allow him to carry his skateboard on his back.  It took her forever but he loved it!




3 comments:

  1. I love watching how over the years the gifts are getting more technical. These are great. Ezra tried his hand at making a gift for his brother this year and it was a hit. Great job both of them. Clever clever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been interesting to see how the gifts have evolved over the years. What did Ezra make?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has been interesting to see how the gifts have evolved over the years. What did Ezra make?

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips