Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Scenes from the Blizzard of 2016



Hello!  We had a blizzard over the weekend which I know was really horrible for some people, but we, fortunately, were able to hunker down in our cozy little house and enjoy the gift of a snow day (or two!).  The snow started Friday night and didn't end until late Saturday night!  It was a doozy of a storm, leaving us with almost two feet of snow!


I spent Saturday finishing a novel, making homemade marshmallows (that looked like snowmen), baking snowflake cookies, cleaning out a closet and taking a short nap on the sofa!  It was heaven!





The children did spend some time outside while it was snowing, but did the majority of their playing on Sunday when it was sunny!


The most brutal part of our snowstorms are always the shoveling out part.  Moving this much snow off of sidewalks, walkways and driveways is exhausting and tedious!  Fortunately, we do have some child labor.



At one point, out of the corner of my eye I saw Bryce "collapse" on a snow bank and had the alarming thought that he was having the dreaded snow heart attack.  I called out his name several times and he didn't answer which was even more alarming (though as Bryce points out I wasn't so alarmed that I didn't stop to snap a photo!).  Turns out he had music blaring and was just taking a rest!  Phew.


We also went over to the farm to see it all dressed up with snow, I'll share those pictures tomorrow!



2 comments:

  1. I don't know if I have ever seen that shot of your kitchen before. I love your stove. Funny living in Colorado everyone thinks we are covered in snow all the time, but we only get a few inches at a time. It is very mild. Then all of our friends back east are covered in snow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! You are so right about Colorado! Early on, every time I would visit my in-laws in Colorado I would be bundled up like I was going to Alaska and then would burn up because the sun was so warm! And when they get snow, it's often gone the next day!

      Delete

 
Blogging tips