Tuesday, January 12, 2016

A Bookstand for Cookbooks



Over a year ago, I bought a beautiful book stand at an antique store and brought it home to have Bryce "tweak it a bit."  Unfortunately, I know what I like, but I don't always know if something is in good shape or not and this bookstand was most assuredly not!  Only when I got home, and Bryce really examined it, did I understand that there were multiple fixes (someone had done more harm than good in their own fixing!) and that they were not necessarily straight forward.



It took a year of occasionally messing around with it, and my father-in-law making a special wood screw, but I came down recently to find the bookstand waiting for me!  I love this stand an unnatural amount.  I use it to hold my cookbooks while cooking and it is simply perfect for the job.  Plus, it's beautiful and that's always a win-win.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips