Friday, November 27, 2015

Giving in Grammar School



I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!  We spent the day at my sister's beautifully renovated old home where we had great family time and delicious food!  It was a good day.


I would be remiss if I didn't mention the end of an era for us at the children's grammar school.  For the past 9 years we've had the honor and blessing of being able to participate in a Thanksgiving tradition of giving back to our community.  Every Thanksgiving our grammar school participates in providing meals for our local soup kitchen.  Each grade level brings in hundred of items that go toward the making of a Thanksgiving meal; turkeys are donated and carved and each grade level makes pies.  The school helps contribute to 700 meals and the children bake 288 pies!  This has been one of my very favorite things about our school and I can only hope that it has made as much of a positive impact on our children as it has on me.  It's a really beautiful example of giving: time, food and love!

Last year for this group of Moms!  

1 comment:

  1. That is a really great way to give at Thanksgiving while having special time with students and friends.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips