Monday, November 30, 2015

A Turkey Dessert for Friendsgiving


On Saturday, we got together with one of our favorite families for Friendsgiving.  We had a fun time eating together, playing peanuts (a card game) together and then watching their favorite football team in a nail biting (heartbreaking) final!  We had a fun twist on the regular Thanksgiving meal with cranberry cocktails, turkey pot pies, and a salad with stuffing croutons.  For dessert, we had turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy!


That's right, dessert.  This turkey is an ice cream cake that I picked up at Baskin Robbins and it makes me chuckle every single time I think of it.  The whole thing is simply ice cream (they come in different flavors) covered in caramel sauce.  It was the perfect dessert for a fun, casual get together to celebrate Thanksgiving and friends!  And did I mention it was easy?




1 comment:

  1. I'll have to remember this for next year. The kids would love it.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips