Friday, November 6, 2015
From the very moment this boy was born he's had a firm hold on my heart. Bryce says I have a soft spot for him and it's completely true. No matter how much he leaves me shaking my head in wonder or frustration, I just think he's the bees knees. And if, as he so desperately would love to have happen, on this, his 11th birthday, he receives an acceptance letter to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry I am going to miss him terribly.
1. Harris is a mess! His room looks like a tornado came through and he's disorganized more often than not! It doesn't seem to bother him in the least.
2. Harris is so very full of energy. I kept thinking that the older he gets, the more calm he will become but I don't think it's in the books for our boy.
3. He still prefers to be wherever there are people. If you are downstairs, he will be with you, if you are upstairs, Harris will be too. He's been like this for as long as we've known him! Harris loves nothing more than to be with his friends. He often completely loses his head; so the teenage years should be fun!
4. On nights where Grace gets home from ballet past his bedtime, he often can't fall asleep until they get home. I think it's just because he likes to know that his people are home.
5. He has swagger. It's not in a cocky way, but rather a confident and positive way of living.
6. He's super affectionate. One of my favorite memories from our recent trip will be how often Harris would grab hold of our hands to walk together.
7. He's a saver. He opened up a bank account several years ago and doesn't like to withdraw the money. He has way more saved than Grace!
8. Harris is super tough both physically and mentally.
9. Man, we love this kids hair. I personally like it when it gets long and big! Bryce likes it when it's still curly but a little shorter. Either way, it's awesome.
10. He brings wonderful balance to our family. Without him, we might take everything a little too seriously and not laugh as easily or as much.
P.S. He still desperately wants a dog.