Monday, October 12, 2015

Life


Life is pretty full around here.  Between fall baseball, ballet, guitar lessons, room parent business (5th grade is not for the feint of heart),  meetings and more meetings, we've been pleasantly busy.  Last week was especially full; anticipating and preparing for exciting things as well as the end of others.

I've not been in this space as much and I'm not entirely sure why.  Yes, I haven't had much to post about, but also I'm feeling the need to keep everything a little closer and tighter.  That sounds very vague and abstract but that's the best way I know to say it.  Perhaps it's because my children are older?  Perhaps it's because I'm older!  Or perhaps it's simply because I don't want to contribute to more noise on the internet.  I'm not really ready to quite the blog as I do so enjoy taking photos and having our keepsake blog book.  Perhaps the answer is to take the blog private?  I'm curious if any reading have had the same experience and if so how you handled it?  Or even how you might handle it?

P.S.  Last week, I took dinner to a friend who is celebrating the birth of her new baby girl!  I got to hold her teeny, tiny body and it made me so nostalgic!


7 comments:

  1. I totally get it. I stopped a few years ago and don't really miss it. Ive found I like the creative outlet of Instagram and Pinterest as a substitution. I, for one, would REALLymiss your blog. I feel like we are friends and have lots of similarities, even though we've never met. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your blog Anna. You inspire me and give me hope about the world we are raising our children in. However, I understand going private. I plan to make my blog private when the kids enter kindergarten. I do not want to give it up because, like you, we use it as our family book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would miss your blog as well Anna!! But I completely understand. I love your home tidbits, recipes, gardening, celebrations and family insight! I too feel we would be great friends if we lived on the same street!! At the same time sharing our lives so publicly on the internet is daunting. I don't have a blog but I do feel we lose a little of our privacy with all the social media in our life and I worry about how to teach our kids the art of privacy. Reading your posts is a little treat I give myself when I need a break at work or I get five minutes to sit in the middle of a crazy day. Thanks for your wonderful words and photographs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been meaning to say, I absolutely love your blog and would miss it if you stopped writing (but can understand if you choose to, as I made my own blog private as I wanted to be able to write about my children without worrying I was sharing too much. I just love documenting family memories ;) But Anna, you have a beautiful blog and you have always inspired me, in the way you are raising such beautiful children. You seem like an absolutely devoted mother and I think it's wonderful how you celebrate life - from the big occasions to the small everyday stuff - with your family. I always look forward to your posts and love your style.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would definitely understand your decision to make your blog private, but I too would miss it, for a different reason. When you moved from Atlanta, we all missed you so much, but this has been a great way to stay in touch and watch your children grow. I've also loved learning from your decorating and cooking posts. I follow a lot of design blogs, but yours is, by far, my favorite. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would so miss your blog! I have read it for several years and watched your family grow. I understand that you may need to choose a different direction, but you would be missed. (and I love the Favorite Things posts!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your blog! I love checking in on the sweet moments you share. That being said, I completely understand how you feel. As the kids have gotten older (even though my youngest is still only 6) it seems harder to find the right way to share things, or to feel like it is share worthy. I sometimes find myself wondering why I should bother, and then a few weeks goes by and it seems silly to start back up. Life around our home has changed so much and it is hard to figure out how to integrate it into the blog. Who knows. I do have to say I would miss your blog so much. It is so sweet and genuine and enjoyable!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips