Monday, October 5, 2015

At The Carnival



I have fond memories of going to a carnival near our home for several years of my childhood.  In my memory it was large and I had ever so much fun riding ride after ride.  When I asked my sister if she  remembered it, she confirmed that she did, but she shed a little more light on it in that it took place in the parking lot of a church. So large is was most likely not!  Ah, the perspective of childhood.


When I heard that we had a carnival coming to town I knew immediately that I wanted to take the children and planned on going Friday night as a family.  And then the rain started and kept going for three days!  They had to cancel two full days of the carnival due to weather, and I felt so badly (the carnival was a fundraiser) for all those that put such hard work into bringing this sweet carnival to our community.


Sunday, the sun finally reappeared!  It was a tough day for us to squeeze in a trip to the carnival, but we made it work and I'm so glad that we did!  We met my sister, Mom and Brendan there and the children rode the rides together.  I'm already looking forwards to next years!


P.S.  I only had my phone so the pictures aren't great but they do the job!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips