Thursday, October 22, 2015

An Initialed Shrug



I know that fur is a hot button topic for many and whereas I don't want to get into that debate, I will say that I have no issues with heritage or vintage fur.  In my opinion, the fur was taken years and years ago and I would rather see it used and respected than simply thrown in the garbage.

That said, I didn't inherit any fur from my family, so with the exception of a few vintage coats with fur on the collar, I don't have any.  However, when out antiquing I've always been on the look out for a vintage fur shrug.  I think they are so lovely, versatile and warm!  They can be thrown on with a pair of jeans or a dressy dress.  One of my favorite things about these furs are the ladies initials that are almost always sewn into the lining of the fur.  I love thinking about the women who wore these!


I found a really pretty one last year at, of all places, the flea market!  Since it was already late spring I bought the fur for a song.  However, it didn't have any initials in it, and I decided it would be fun to add my own.  For a little twist I had it done in hot pink!  I love the way it turned out.




1 comment:

  1. That is beautiful Anna! Did you know that Mill Crest Vintage in Lambertville is closing? She had a ton of fur in there - really cute things! I didn't splurge - but I'm still sad to see them go.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips