Tuesday, September 8, 2015

A Labor Day Picnic



I hope you all had a wonderful labor day!  We had a rather relaxed day of touring my sisters "almost done with the renovation" house and going on an evening picnic with friends.


Gretchen recently bought me a picnic book because she thought I would like it and was she ever right.  I cannot recommend The Picnic, Recipes and Inspiration from Basket to Blanket enough, even if you don't make one recipe from it, the illustrations are so charming one can't help but enjoy time spent with it.  I read the book cover to cover and was immediately ready to start picnicking more!  It even spurred me on to drag out the old Radio Flyer wagon, that was Bryce's as a child, clean her up and put her to the perfect use now that the children are too old to ride in her.


When Gretchen and I were discussing a casual get together for labor day we both agreed a picnic was in order.  I made the Horseradish -Rubbed Flank Steak with Blistered Tomatoes, the Roasted Waxed Beans and Lemon Lavender Cream Pots, all recipes from the book.  Gretchen brought potato and macaroni salad, biscuits and cookies to share.  The meal was delicious!



It was the perfect way to end the long weekend!




1 comment:

  1. Everything is so picture perfect Anna! Beautiful and delicious!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips