Monday, August 3, 2015

Nastursiums


I've grown nasturtiums for years but often in vain.  I've always had them in pots and they have never really taken off.  So imagine my surprise and delight when they began to flourish this year in the garden! Apparently, for me, they like being in the ground much better than a pot.  Also, I'm loving this variegated variety!  The leaves are so beautiful!



Did you know that the leaves and blooms of nasturtiums are edible?  They have a peppery bite so they add beauty and taste to salads!  I love watching the children try the blossoms as it seems so unnatural to them at first!


2 comments:

  1. Because Eosinophilic esophagitis is a fairly recent diagnosis for those who suffer from difficulties when eating, there isn’t any medicine for it at the moment. This makes research on this condition all the more important in order to find treatment options for this lifestyle-impairing condition as soon as possible. click here for more details

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips