Friday, July 31, 2015

Friday!


It's Friday!  It's super duper hot here and the only time the roses look fresh, and don't have a million japanese beetles on them, are first thing in the morning.  Here are a few pictures of the roses and a few things on my mind as well...


I love this dress.  If only my waist were smaller...

Our family was in desperate need of pool/beach towels.  I bought some of these on sale ($20 each!) and they are so much nicer than I thought; beautiful, large and soft.

I made this cake last weekend and it was really good.  Different but good.  I love using herbs out of my garden!

I've just started reading How to Raise a Successful Adult by Julie Lythcott-Haims, based on a friends recommendation.  So far it's given me a lot to think about.

I'm thinking of trying Stitch Fix.  Have you tried it and, if so, what do you think?

The amazing Katherine Marie posted this on her instagram account.  Yes to that.

I've been really, really wanting to visit London.  Could the news of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child make it finally happen?

This makes me smile.  I would want the one that actually rings but one would need just the right spot for it wouldn't they?

Here's to a beautiful weekend all around!


















3 comments:

  1. You would look amazing in that dress! I have tried stitch fix, I have gotten a few pieces I love and they have sent me quite a few that I didn't keep. right now I am getting one every other month and it seems to be hit/miss with how they have pegged my style. Plus, sometimes some of the items seem a bit overpriced. They sent me a jacket that was really cute but at $200 for a canvas army jacket I found it hard to justify the purchase. I do have to say I was willing to pay a pretty penny for the amazing jeans they sent me! I think they were $100 but well worth it for a perfect fit. (that is hard to find being a petite individual). Good luck! Oh, and I want a press for champagne button too, preferably one that actually works!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this super fun list! That dress is about perfect - I've decided vintage styles are generally much more flattering! Deb had something like this on recently - I'll have to ask her where she got it. I put that book in my cart on amazon...have only been reading fiction all summer, so this seems like a good 'back to school' read! I need constant reminders of the ultimate goal of parenting! I just got my second Fix - I think it's pretty fun. After my first fix I ended up keeping everything because Tucker liked everything on me. But then I realized he's not that unbiased, and a ew things I'm not sure I really will use. I asked for lower priced things this time around and I think I will keep only 3 of the 5 things - but ended up with a really cute top I wouldn't have picked otherwise and a great necklace, I say try it! If nothing else - it's like getting a 'brown paper package tied up with string' - really fun. Definitely go to London!! And if you get that champagne button I will press it constantly :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got my copy of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child book today.
    I ordered it on Amazon and they delivered it in just 2 days!
    Check them out:
    Harry Potter and the Cursed Child

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips