Friday, May 15, 2015

Please and Thank You


I'm not very good at praying.  You know those people who can say a beautiful, touching and heartfelt prayer and it seems as if the words are just flowing naturally from their lips?  I'm so not one of them. In fact, praying often takes the form of conversation for me and God.  And many, many times it only consists of "thank you" and "please."

thank you for my family
thank you for my home
thank you for my many blessings
thank you, thank you, thank you

please let me be a good Mom
please watch over my children
please heal those who are ill
please, please, please

Yesterday, I left to drop Harris of at the baseball fields for warm-ups and Grace stayed home to get ready for ballet.  No more than a minute down the road, Harris realized he left his baseball bat at home (something he has never done before) and I decided to turn around and get it.  As soon as we pulled in the driveway, Grace came running out yelling for me.  All the fire alarms were blaring and a pot holder was in full flames on the stovetop.  I was able to easily grab the holder with tongs and fling it in the sink full of water and a crises was averted.  Grace handled a scary situation beautifully and with a clear head and I'm so proud of her.  And I'm so thankful.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.






3 comments:

  1. I think one of the wonderful things about prayer is that it does not matter how we phrase the matters of our heart: He understands. So glad Harris forgot his ball glove and Grace acted well under pressure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew! Scary! I am so glad it turned out the way it did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe many of us are in a similar mode of prayer. So much to say thank you for, and so many in need of God's intercession. He certainly used Harris' forgetting the bat to intercede for Grace. Bleeding hearts are one of my favorite spring flowers. A photo just made for a greeting card.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips