Thursday, April 30, 2015

Pancake Warmer



Several months ago, I was running through an antique store looking for something specific, which I didn't find, when my eye was caught by this lovely china dish.  I immediately loved the sweet rose pattern, but for the life of me I couldn't figure out what the dish was supposed to be used for!


Finally, I asked and was told that it is a pancake warmer/keeper.  The holes on the top of the dish let out the steam from the pancakes so that they don't get soggy.  As soon as I heard "pancakes" I was sold since pancakes are a family favorite and possibly Harris' favorite food ever.  


I love that we've used this pretty, delicate china dish on the most casual of mornings and that it survives (so far) Harris' grabbing of pancake after pancake.  And guess what?  It really does keep our pancakes warm while sitting at the table or while some are still being made.



1 comment:

  1. A delightful dish! Obvious why you enjoy using it. Hmm, I really must make blueberry pancakes soon.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips