Monday, April 13, 2015

Airstream Cookies



The house is quite this morning as everyone went back to school and to work as once again spring break has come and gone.  Fourteen years ago, when I was still teaching, I never would have thought that I would say this, but here it goes.... school, and all of it's requirements, drive me crazy!  There is so much I want to do with the children but school provides such hard and fast boundaries that I often feel frustrated (though in reality so does work and children's activities, so there's that too)!  It's not that I don't value education because I very much do, but I also realize that there's so much to learn outside of a classroom.  Anyone else feel that way?


We went on an Airstream adventure over the break and to celebrate I made little cookies to take in the car with us.  They sure weren't perfect but I thought they were sweet!


3 comments:

  1. Oh, I so agree. I just wish I could throw my whole family in a car (or suburban, or better yet, airstream 😉) and drive for days and weeks on end! The cookies are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love to find this post today! Sums up my heart completely! On top of all the time school and activities take up we are dealing with really crazy homework that comes from our state's standardized tests that takes hours and makes no sense. It has now been 16 years since I was a teacher. Our school system is very different than it was just 3 years ago when our state changed the way they test. Daily I feel the pull to make a change. I think I was born in the wrong time period. I know we are not alone in this journey. Our kiddos are growing so fast! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are so adorable and clever!!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips