Friday, April 24, 2015

A Place for Seeds



Several weeks ago, I began planting the garden with cool season crops!  I'm so excited to watch the little seedlings emerge and grow.  I'm planting more things from seed this year and found that I was having a hard time keeping track of all the seed packets thrown in our "junk drawer."


My solution has been to use a recipe box that my father-in-law, Al, made and that I've had for many years.  It works perfectly!  I got index card alphabetical dividers, and I simply file away the seed packet, along with notes on the plant.  I love finding a new use for something!






2 comments:

  1. So smart Anna! Can't wait to see your garden this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A clever and thoughtful way to repurpose the recipe file, Anna. Good to know it's in service.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips