Thursday, March 26, 2015

A Charm Bracelet


Thirteen years ago, a month or two after Grace was born, I purchased a charm bracelet and a charm with the intention of giving it to Grace on her 13th birthday.  It seemed like a long, long way off at the time and thought it seems as if we've had Grace forever, it also feels as if it was just a blink of an eye ago that we brought her home.


My intention was to buy her a charm every year representing something that happened in her life.  It will surprise no one that I love charm bracelets and the beautiful way in which they tell the story of those that own them.


I would love to be able to tell you that I remembered to buy a charm every year but that is not the case!  In fact, I had to buy several at once to get the bracelet up to speed to give to her on her birthday.   The plan is to continue adding a charm each year but here's what we have so far...

1.  Baby shoes that are engraved with initials and birthdate
2. Cross from Christening
3.  and 4.  Two charms representing states she's lived in
5.  Siblings
6.  A typewriter
7.  A horse
8.  Ballet shoes
9.  A book
10. A hiking boot
11.  Soldier from the Nutcracker
12. A cat

My hope is that Grace will always enjoy looking an the charms that represent her childhood!



1 comment:

  1. That is a lovely lovely gift and a great idea for anyone who has a little girl! So sweet. I bet she loves it.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips