Sunday, February 8, 2015

On Fear



I attended a Christian women's gathering this weekend (IF:Local) that was really powerful and thought provoking.  If I'm honest, it made me feel a little as if my world was small.  There are so many women out there doing such honest, important and hard work in our communities and in our world!  They were inspiring.

One of the things I walked away with was the knowledge that I need to work out some fears of mine. The past several months I've found that I'm more fearful than I've ever been.  Perhaps it's watching others go through really tough times with their health (mental and emotional), maybe it's being faced with my Mom's fall (she's recovering nicely!) or it could just be that I'm 42 now and realize how much I have to lose.

I'm going to work on walking through my fears about parenting, making the wrong decisions, my capabilities, expressing and standing up for my beliefs and opinions, and the what ifs.  I don't think I'll ever be able to eradicate my own fear, I just want my faith to be bigger and stronger than my fears.


2 comments:

  1. Wow. I have been having a similar realization lately, especially when it comes to parenting. It is really a hard job eh? All we can do it recognize we are letting it run us I suppose and work on ,like you said, being bigger than it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The hardest job Leah! And it seems to be getting harder, or maybe everything just seems bigger, as they get older!

      Delete

 
Blogging tips