Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Matilda and the MoMA


Last week, we took an overnight trip in to NYC to see Matilda on Broadway.  We read the book together last spring, but hadn't yet made it to see the musical.  It was a last minute decision to make it happen and I'm so glad that we did.  Roald Dahl is one of Harris' very favorite authors so I knew that we had to make this book come to life and broadway didn't disappoint!


The next day, we spent a couple of hours at the MoMA, or Museum of Modern Art.  This was a first for all of us and sort of blew Harris' mind.  He kept saying things such as, "This is Art?" and "I think I could make that!"  Case in point...


I think it was great to expand the children's base knowledge about art to include design, film, photography and even video games (it really sent Harris over the edge to see *Mind Craft in a museum!).


Also, it's always thrilling to see an original painting that you've read about.


 Harris is part of the art!


And always, always a favorite...


*Ha!  I realized after I hit publish that I wrote, "Mind" instead of Mine!  But I'm leaving it because it makes me laugh as I always say that there's is something about Mine Craft that alters your mind!

1 comment:

  1. Maltilda the musical looks ever so much fun! We generally look at the photos before the script, and were delighted to notice Harris matched that piece of art. How clever to get it in a photo! Starry Night is one of my favorites! Have you heard the song?

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips