Thursday, January 1, 2015

We are our choices



I recently saw the quote, "We are our choices," by Jean-Paul Sartre and it immediately resonated with me for a variety of reasons.  I love how simple it is and yet completely gets to the core of life.  2014 was a year that was filled with many, many wonderful and beautiful things, our children evolving and becoming more themselves everyday and lots of quality time spent with quality people.

However, I've felt for much of the year that I've been in a holding pattern, waiting for something that I'm not quite sure what it is.  Bryce and I have spent a lot of time trying to make choices and decisions (houses, schools, etc.) without knowing what the right thing to do is and sometimes we make a decision by not making a decision at all.  At times, we've finally come to a decision, only to have it not work out at all!  And as anxious as I am to know what the path is for us, I'm working really hard to be patient.

This year, I'm not going to make any elaborate goals for the year but rather spend my days trying to make conscious and deliberate choices about the sort of wife, mother, friend, daughter and person I want to be.  I have a good feeling about 2015.  I hope you do too.  Happy New Year to you and yours!


2 comments:

  1. So perfect. This year {again} I am focusing on the word "Choose". Similar thoughts...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful. It is so true! What a great way to live with purpose!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips