Thursday, January 8, 2015

Bringing Books to Life- A Christmas Carol


After Thanksgiving, we started reading A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens as a family.  Charles Dickens is one of my favorite authors but I had never actually read A Christmas Carol, probably because I thought I knew the story through and through from seeing movies, plays and listening to retellings!  In the beginning, I thought it was going to be rough going as the language can be a bit archaic and cumbersome.  There were several passages that we were all a little in the dark about what was actually happening!  However, as the story took shape and picked up speed everyone found their way in the story and I believe we all looked forward to nights where we feel in with Scrooge and the Spirits!


One of our local theaters presents a production of A Christmas Carol every year and I've never heard anything but glowing reviews.  The night before Christmas Eve we took the children as a surprise!  It felt so festive to get dressed up, go to a nice dinner and attend live theater.  The play was truly astoundingly wonderful and the children have already asked if we can go back next year!






No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips